In recent years, more and more consumers are looking for alternative dairy products due to allergies or lactose intolerance. Almond milk has become very popular because it’s soy, lactose, and dairy-free, which can also appeal to those following a strict vegan diet.
Organic is another term that has gained popularity with Millennials and others who are wanting to eat natural and pure food as opposed to the chemical laden products that line the grocery shelves.
Today, we are going to take an in-depth look at Malk Organics, a family-owned company that is producing organic, cold-pressed, plant-based milk.
Are Malk Organics Nutritionally Better?
There was a recent uproar by consumers when they found out that one of the top sellers of almond milk only used 2% of actual almonds in the product with the key ingredient of water. So, when looking for a milk alternative, it’s important to do quite a bit of research. Make sure you know exactly what you are buying, how it is made and where the ingredients are sourced.
The people behind Malk Organics are very transparent about what ingredients go into their products and they are committed to clean organic processes and clear labeling. They claim that all of their alternative milk products have one key ingredient, no fillers, no artificial flavors or colors and absolutely no synthetic chemicals.
Each bottle of Malk Organics is made with over a cup of sprouted and organic nuts compared to the 2% that popular milk substitutes use in their products. The company also uses a cold-pressed method of preserving the milk products rather than the traditional methods of high-heat or chemical treatments that kill off much of the nutritional value in the product.
Malk Organics – A Family Owned Business
The company was founded by August Vegas after her son developed a dairy allergy that forced her to look for alternative replacements. What she found was overpriced products on the market that were full of synthetic vitamins, food additives, and very little nutritional value.
Since there were no viable alternatives, Ms.Vega made it her passion and ultimately her job, to find a delicious, wholesome, and healthy non-dairy milk product. She eventually founded Malk with her brother, Justin Brodnax, and cousin, Joel Canada. Together, they believe in delivering a product that has naturally sourced ingredients, undergoes rigorous testing and quality standards and tastes so good, that even the pickiest member of your family will love it.
Malk Organics has a section on their website dedicated to disclosing the ingredients in their alternative milk products. Unlike a lot of items that are in your refrigerator or pantry, the list is short, simple and pronounceable.
- Almonds – 100% unpasteurized, raw almonds are imported from Spain to avoid irradiation, high heat, or chemical sterilization that is required on US almonds.
- Pecans – Organically grown in Texas and gathered straight from the pecan tree, these pecans are free of toxic chemicals and have many beneficial vitamins and minerals. Pecans are also naturally high in monounsaturated fatty acids and have antioxidant properties
- Cashews – Sustainably grown and organic, cashews are a good source of fats and dietary trace minerals such as zinc, copper, and iron.
- Coffee – Malk Organics partners with Greenway Coffee to provide a quality ingredient from Chiapas, Mexico.
- Cacao – Raw cacao powder made from certified organic heirloom cacao beans that have never been hybridized or genetically modified. In its natural state, cacao is filled with magnesium, copper, and manganese.
- Maple Syrup – Sourced from an independent supplier that offers 100% pure and organic maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract – Made from organic, sun-cured vanilla beans that have had no damaging heat or pressure ensuring flavors are passed on unchanged when making an extract.
- Himalayan Salt – Imported from the Himalayan Mountains in Pakistan, this coarse salt is made from unprocessed natural crystals.
Malk Organics Offers A Large Variety Of Alternate Milk Products
One advantage (especially with that picky eater) to choosing a Malk Organics milk substitute is having a choice of flavors. Those that still drink cow’s milk have one flavor to choose from while people choosing organic milk alternative products have tasty choices. Below is a list of the products available from Malk Organics.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Maple Pecan Milk
- Vanilla Almond Milk
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Pecan Milk + Cold Brew Coffee
- Chocolate Pecan Milk
Where Can Malk Organics Products Be Purchased?
There is good and bad news concerning where consumers may purchase the Malk Organics products. The good news is that the website gives you a contact email if you would like to request the alternative milk products at your favorite grocery store. They even have a form to download that you can take with you the next time you shop that will allow your favorite grocery store to request the Malk Organics products.
The bad news is that Malk Organics products are only available in 11 states, though they hope to expand nationally in the very near future. In the states that Malk Organics is available, consumers are more likely to find the products in health food stores and specialty outlets.
Malk Organics Review Summary
For those looking for healthy and nutritious milk alternatives, the search may finally be over. Malk Organics has a straightforward approach that includes transparency and accountability in how their products are sourced, manufactured and made.
Each bottle of Malk Organics contains over a cup of nuts (cashew, almond or pecan) compared to other milk substitutes that contain as little as 2% nuts. They use a cold-pressed process to preserve important vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients that can be depleted when using traditional methods.
For those that are lactose intolerant and want an alternative to cow or goat milk, Malk Organics offers flavored milk substitute products that are pure, natural and organic and might persuade the milk hater in your family to try this alternative.
Malk Organics is a family owned business that was started by a mom looking for a healthy alternative for her son who suffered from dairy allergies. The company is committed to using natural, quality ingredients, organic nuts, and healthier manufacturing processes.